Admit it, even if you want to give the best and effective training for your sales team you still have to consider the cost of training. During this time when we all need to save for the rainy days, we need to find ways to cut on cost without compromising the quality of training we are giving to our sales people.
First of all, we need to understand that training your sales team is very important; it may be one of the most important decisions you can make as a team leader. Your people should be a constant student since every minute and every second of your professional life someone is also training and improving their skills in sales and marketing. You cannot be so content about what you already have knowing that your competitor is also trying to raise their level of competency.
But the problem with training is that it will cost you a lot. If you want to gain something you need to know that cost because everything good thing in this world has a cost.
Ask yourself the following questions before making a decision:
- How much is my total training budget?
- What are the specific needs of my sales team?
- How many of my sales team needs this particular training?
These questions are important as I give you some tips on how to still get an effective sales and marketing training without spending too much. Here are some of my suggestions:
- Know what the specific training needs for your team are. Knowing this will minimize the time you need to spend for the training and thus save a lot on venue rental, food expense, facility rentals, etc.
- Identify who actually needs the training. If you are on a budget, you don’t need to let your whole sales force attend the training. You can reduce cost by letting only those who needs the training attend. However, if you have enough budget then letting them all attend won’t hurt.
- Do an in-house training. You don’t need to go out and rent a conference room when you have a place in your office. All you have to do is buy snacks for your staff and they can take care of their own lunch since they will eat lunch anyway even without the training.
Do not compromise the quality of your sales team just because you have a very low budget for training. An effective sales and marketing training can be achieved without spending too much.